Physiotherapy Doctor and Exercise Physiologist at Advantage Physical Therapy.
Dr. Evan Abbey DPT started his career early in life as a certified strength and conditioning personal trainer. He quickly traversed his health and wellness interest into other health fields as he managed a nutritional health business before eventually co-developing a popular selling nutritional supplement. This background became the springboard for the initiation of his formal medical educational endeavors. Through his broad range of health, fitness, and advanced medical training, Dr. Abbey uses his extensive training and knowledge to successfully evaluate and treat diverse populations requiring rehabilitation services. Specializing in Manual Therapy and consistently advancing his and the staffs education and training, the entire Advantage Physical Therapy team stays at the cutting edge of Physical Therapy treatment options. Having over 23 years clinical experience in the Medical field, Dr. Abbey is well prepared to take on the most challenging cases requiring Physical Therapy intervention. Graduating with honors of Magna Cum Laude, earning a Certificate of Academic Achievement Award and being inducted into the prestigious Phi Kappa Phi National Honors Society of Academic Excellence, Dr. Abbey is a highly respected and decorated clinician in his field.
Arcadia University Pennsylvania New York
Doctorate Degree, Physiotherapy 2011 – 2013.
State University of New York Upstate Medical University
Masters Degree, Physiotherapy 1993 – 1997.
State University of New York College at Cortland
Bachelors of Science Degree, Kinesiology and Exercise Science 1991 – 1993.
Nassau Community College, Long Island New York
Associate Degree, Physical Education 1988 – 1990
Honors & Awards_
– Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
– Magna Cum Laude Graduate
– Certificate of Academic Achievement Award – Tai Chi Rehabilitation Instructor
Continuing Educational Courses
– Manual Physical Therapy: From Research to Practice
– Treating Neck and Back Disorders with Traction
– Diagnosis and Treatment Muscle Imbalances and Associated Movement Impairment Syndromes
– Rotator Cuff Disorders: From Impingement to Post-Operative Rehab
– Low Back Pain
– Evidence Based Assessment and Treatment of Shoulder Disorders
– Successful Evaluation and Treatment of Low Back Pain – Tai Chi for Rehabilitation